Thursday, February 3, 2011

The hard days...

Not everyday as a parent is easy - most days aren't, but when they smile at you, it makes your heart melt...the last few days have been very trying and stressful to say the least.

As Karolyn and I said this morning "two for one deal on eBay, Addison and Emilie" lol...I feel bad saying that now but when your stressed, the baby/child hasn't slept and is screaming...things aren't pretty.

Most days (if I am not going out) I am wearing a shirt with easy access for nursing and if you forget a nursing pad, you get wet spots on your shirt, and then stains!! Such a sexy way to look ;)

Addison has had horrible gas the last few days...not sure where it came from but it was horrible. As a parent knowing your baby is in pain and there is little to nothing to do for gas.

We tried pumping her legs, tummy massages, gripe water, oval and nothing worked. With being in pain she wasn't sleeping so in 48 hours she maybe slept 8 hours! Talk about stressful. We took her to the walk in clinic (think we found a new dr as well, no more driving to Toronto) and he said its gas and to try these probiotic drops called Bio Gais...within an hour she finally fell asleep and stayed asleep until 3 am for a feed and went back to sleep until 7 am...my poor princess...

I love my daughter to death, would do anything for her, but some days are trying...

Today has been much better...and hopefully these drops do the trick.

On a final note...the love you have for your child is like no other love you have ever experienced...seeing her in pain was very rough, I think I shed more tears than her :(
Megan, Aaron and Addison - Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh the joys!

    It gets more and more rewarding as they grow but the stresses and frustrations will change...

    K

    ReplyDelete