Wednesday, July 21, 2010

OB appt

I went to our first OB appt at the Milton office. I still feel very comfortable there. Our doctor seems very sweet and caring, and the nurse that I met with was amazing! She went over every step with me. She gave me a time line of when certain appts should be, and prenatal classes in the area and what we will be doing each and every appt.

The doctor did the babies heart beat 1st thing, which was amazing!! 150 beats per minute…it was sooooo comforting to hear the heartbeat again! Again, I wish I had one of those machines at my house too J The baby actually kicked and I could hear it LOL it was adorable…

The problem I had today was a big one. If you have been following our story for the past 3 years you would know we went to A. Fertility. To sum it all up quickly, Dr C preformed the saline test incorrectly and told me my tubes were blocked, which in turn resulted in surgery, or IVF…we chose the surgery step first before handing over $10,000 - $15,000. After the surgery when I went for my follow up, Dr M told me my tubes were not blocked, go figure, and he gave me the WRONG PATIENTS results. I still have a copy at home. And if you have known for a long time, you know what issues that brought up from my past…

Fast forward to today…When I was going over what drs are involved with this OB office, I found out that Dr C works there, and has a 20% chance of delivering our miracle. I know she was the one that preformed an out of date test on me, that does not even confirm if you have blocked tubes, and with the whole fiasco at A. fertility…I am not sure if I want to take that chance. The nurse who was amazing, because we spoke in length about this dr and that clinic and what happened, said I could request not to see her and request one of the other 4 drs be there when we deliver.

Where does this leave me? I have an appt with the other OB I am looking at in Credit Valley hospital…so I guess we will decide then.

The nurse also urged me to contact and file a complaint against that clinic…maybe I will

Anyways…I heard the heartbeat of our miracle, and that keeps me smiling!!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for the h/b. Boo for the rest ;)

    Glad to hear that you got an idea of what the next 5-6 months will bring.

    Hugs.
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg, I am glad you felt so comfortable, and liked the nurse etc. And yes it is totally in your right to request that DR. has nothing to do with, I am glad the nurse said that you could do that, so ya I guess after meeting at creditvalley you have some decisions to make! That is so awesome you heard the baby kick, could you feel it? I am so happy for you, I bet the HB made you smile so big lol! Love readnig your blog and keeping in the loop on this whole miracle! After the baby, maybe file a claim, you don't need that crap going on right now, you need peace of mind and not worrying about that, but I would for sure consider it later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally think you should file a complaint!!! Not only did that put you and Aaron in more stress that wasn't needed, it shows what their level of competence is- So glad you got outta there! ISIS is better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the rest Megan I think you should file a complaint....on too better things now...the heartbeat...thats so so amazing I am over the moon happy for u 2, like I said b4 you guys give me hope that miracles do happen!!!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete