Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm back...

I have missed blogging...and I think now that we are starting this new lifestyle of eating, and Addison is finally in a perfect routine, I will have a bit of time on my hands to blog about our adventures in life :)

This Sunday we are having a celebration - Addison's 1st Birthday party!!!! I swear it was just May 1st 2010 and I found out I was pregnant, and then Dec 23rd 2010 when my water broke, December 25th at 12:34 AM when she came into our lives, and now she is one?? I was told you notice time going by so much quicker when you have a baby, and it is true! We are so looking forward to this Sunday!!

So I have always had stomach issues, and it seems our daughter is the same as me. We don't know anything about Aaron's side of the family, but I know my wonderful West coast family has tummy issues as well. I finally got an appointment with a very recommended Paediatric Naturopath in Orangeville...I got a call for a cancellation appt and I took it!! Dr K (as I will call her) thinks that Addison and I have the same issues with our digestive track and what I eat is passing through breast milk onto her...she had a fancy medical term for it, but after an hour and a half of talking, I totally forget the term. She thinks that treating me, will help Addison. We are going to eliminate gulten from our diet, wheat as well, change few things, and give it a few weeks and see how things progress. Addison has always had poop issues since a little baby. She is on restoralax, and Dr K, Aaron and I agree, we don't want her on this long term so we are going to treat this now and see what helps! Dr K also thinks that this will help with Addison's exceema as well, so that is an added bonus.
Dr K did blood work on me and we are going to find out what I am allergic too and change that in my diet and in turn, with what is passed through my BM will help Addison, as well as she will start eating the same "diet" as us. The whole family is going to make these simple changes and we really hope this will help.
The DR is also going to show me on our follow up appt how to make a rice formula for Addison to drink as she shouldn't be having homo milk. Which I knew, threw her for a total belly issue for 3 days when I tried it. I am at the point where I am done nursing, so the sooner the better...as I am returning to work January 9th. I really hope this transition goes smoothly. I am sure I missed tons of valuable information that she told me, so I must go over the notes she left with me. Also, we are trying a fish oil, and a cream that I will be rubbing on my tummy and Addison's.

I will write more later...it is my favourite time of day right now, playing on the floor with Addison
Megan, Aaron and Addison - Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

2 comments:

  1. Yes, time flies when you're having fun! Hope the new diet plan helps both you and Addison. Keep us posted.

    Adana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested to hear more about it, as me, shelby and mitchell have digestive issues and excema too :-)

    ReplyDelete