Monday, September 27, 2010

So I felt kinda funny walking into my appt at the OB office today.
I know I should always trust my feelings, I should know that by now.

So the OB I saw today (team of Ob's at our ob office) asked how I was feeling, I mentioned that I have a bit of on and off tightening in my uterus, nothing horrible, just wanted to mention it. He said I see here on your 20 week U/S your cervix length is at 2.5Cm's, and 4Cm's is normal which could mean bed rest, he was going to refer for an u/s and see and my placenta is low...and he said lets listen to your baby (h/b is 129 woohoo) and he said he was going to get a referral for an u/s this week - I expecting him to come back because by then I was in tears and wanted a few questions asked...and he did not come back. The nurse came in and said your u/s is here at the hospital on Thursday at 2. I asked "is my apt over?" and she said yes...so I got up in a fog and walked out - of course, called Karolyn in a panic and K said to call the OB office and try and get an apt with my OB or get him to call me. I have left 2 messages, one with reception, and she said she is going to get the nurse to call me and I also left a message for the nurse...

At my 20 week u/s the u/s tech said everything was great...and now this?? Part of me wants to see the name on the u/s results because I have had other patients results before...and I don't trust many Dr's unfortunately.

So here I am...at home...waiting patiently, NOT GOOGLING anything...and enjoying the baby kick....

All I want is some answers...feel like I did for the past three years not having any answers...sigh....

3 comments:

  1. Nurse called back - she said she showed my u/s to my OB and he said he was not worried...said to go for my u/s on Thursday at 2...and hopefully it is at the same length - the u/s is more for the placenta then the cervix length?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure everything is fine, my dear. You are just being an over protective mama, naturally. Everything will be perfect, don't worry. An angel is watching over you and your baby - I know she is.

    Love ya,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read you are not googling.... :) I am always here to listen; don't forget that! PS: That angel....is my Miracle Fighter Isabelle :)

    ReplyDelete